Creating the Perfect Social PostJul 23, 2020
What makes for good social posting, anyway? In order to craft the perfect social post, we need to take a look at why people follow businesses in the first place.
- Interest in services and promotions: People love sales! Don’t get TOO excited though. Over posting this information is also one of the leading reasons people unfollow a business.
- Updates and information: People are interested in what your business is up to! Have new products? Moving locations? Getting an office dog? Post it!
- Communication: Social media is for connecting. People want to talk to you, and they want to review your products and services. Make sure you’re responding to them: it shows you care about your customers.
- Entertainment: Are you not entertained? People use social media to get a break from their humdrum day. Post content that will put a smile on their faces or give them something to think about. Hint: it doesn’t always have to be related to your business.
So now that we’ve got a good idea of what people want to see, how do we make the magic happen? When I write social posts, I use three main guidelines to direct me.
The 3 Golden Rules of Local Social Media Marketing
- Does it provide value? People engage with content that is relevant to them. Consider whether the post is solving a problem, starting a conversation or educating. People love to share information that is new and exciting. In order to provide the best value to your followers and customers, the vast majority (up to 80%) of your content should be useful or engaging information. In fact, posts promoting the business should only account for 10%-20% of the content.
- Is it emotionally engaging? People love stories, and they share content they connect with. Don’t be afraid to show the more personal side of your business. Really, who hasn’t teared up during a Coke ad or giggled at the Budweiser Clydesdales? Brands that go the extra mile to create an emotional connection with their customers stick in their memories longer. Why not post a cat video? Everyone loves a cat video.
- Is it visually stimulating? 1200 pixels are worth 1000 words. We’re talking high quality photos, videos and infographics here! Posts that include visuals get way more (almost 650% more) engagement than those without. Keep in mind that not all visuals are created equal. The best ones are the ones that you take yourself, because they’re local, personal and relevant. If you don’t have the capacity to take photos, reposting from other websites and profiles is a great way to keep your page relevant. Quality stock photos are also great resources, just make sure to pay attention to copyright!
Creating content for social media is essential—you need to be present where your customers are, and they’re on social. While it is free to partake, creating an effective social media strategy and sticking to it takes diligence and determination.
FREE Complete Planning Session
How can a single call transform your spa business?
This isn't just any call. This is a TARGETED STRATEGIC PLANNING session to increase your revenue-generating activities and give you a detailed plan of action for continued success.
In one FREE, no strings attached consultation, we'll discuss your business goals, evaluate your needs assessment, and determine where you are versus where you want to be!
We don't title this the COMPLETE PLANNING SESSION to "hook" people -- no -- we call it that because that's exactly what you get! We are experts at scaling spa practices fast. Our proven spa marketing strategies are designed to have high-quality clients BOOKED on your calendar!
Since 2019, we have helped over 100 businesses increase their sales through our proven spa business systems and revenue-generating activities.
Are you ready to be our next success story? Schedule your FREE call today!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.